The founder of Mandir Baba Balak Nath is Bhagat Jaspal Bhatti, born in the village Kalra, district Jalandhar, Punjab, India. In 1964 Jaspal immigrated to England and initially established a small temple within his humble adobe. It was here that a few faithful followers regularly attended the Aarti and Chaunki. With the progress of time more and more followers attended the Mandir on a regular basis and Jaspal envisioned that the temple was becoming inadequate in terms of capacity. To overcome the problems at hand Jaspal began his search for suitable premises in the form of 1976. By the grace of Shri Baba Balak Nath Ji a reasonable building in the form of a Church was found in 1983 and by sheer determination by Bhagat Jaspal Bhatti and followers the Church was converted into a Hindu temple, namely- the Mandir Baba Balak Nath.
It was 18th December 1983 when the Mandir Baba Balak Nath,Walsall was officially declared opened by Shri 1008 Mahant Shiv Giri Ji of Guffa Baba Balak Nath, VPO Deot Sidh, Hamirpur, HP, India. It was soon after the opening ceremony that many followers of Shri Baba Balak Nath Ji, both from within the UK and beyond, set out on a pilgrimage to this Temple, in particularly, on the Chet Chaala Mela of Shri Baba Balak Nath Ji in the month of March. This temple is the only recognized temple (by the Guffa Shri Baba Balak Nath) dedicated to Shri Baba Balak Nath Ji outside of India.
The Mandir Baba Balak Nath (temple) is based approximately on 1 acre of land. The main hall is capable of accommodating approximately 1500 people; the bhandara hall is also roughly the same size. The main kitchen is in the basement with all the modern facilities.